Who can apply?
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Erie, Inc. Affiliate Agencies as listed
- Christ the King Manor
- Catholic Charities Counseling and Adoption Services
- Good Samaritan Center
- Prince of Peace Center
- Saint John XXIII Home
- Saint Elizabeth of Hungary Food Pantry
- Saint Martin Center
- Diocesan ministry programs in support of Family Ministries, Justice and Peace, Respect Life, Parish Social Ministry, Ministry with Persons with Disabilities, and Natural Family Planning
- Catholic Parish ministry programs working in collaboration with diocesan offices and initiatives in support of Family Ministries, Justice and Peace, Respect Life, Parish Social Ministry, Ministry with Persons with Disabilities, and Natural Family Planning
Funding will be considered for projects which support the above-listed ministries, embrace and align with Catholic social teaching, and focus on one or more of the following (listed in no particular order of priority):
- Counseling services for the poor
- Marriage and family life support programs
- Promoting better human relationships and a sense of community
- Care of the elderly
- Services for the poor and elderly
- Emergency services for the poor
Projects must benefit people within the 13 counties of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie.
Within the above listed funding categories, priority is given to:
- Projects that reach a large number of people
- Projects that have multiple funding sources and/or demonstrate sustainability when funding ends. The Foundation seeks to invest in the long-term viability of projects and programs.
- Projects that represent a well-planned approach to solving a problem and delivering services.
- Projects that help strengthen the family and promote a sense of community
- Projects that are compatible with diocesan priorities
The minimum grant award is $500 and the maximum grant award is $15,000.
- Organization leadership (Pastor, Executive Director, etc.) or diocesan department supervisor must approve project and grant request by signing the project endorsement form included in the application.
- In addition to an endorsement form from the pastor, parishes applying for a grant must provide a signed endorsement form from the diocesan office with which they are collaborating.
- Funds are released to the organization, parish or diocesan department only with an executed grant agreement on file at the Foundation
- A follow up grant report from the grantee is required for every grant awarded by the Foundation.
Grant funds will not be given to:
- Endowments or individuals
- Existing staff salaries
- Anything completed, purchased, or accomplished prior to date grants are awarded.
- Annual fund-raising events or drives
- Debt reduction
- Capital campaigns or projects
**This is not an exhaustive list. Catholic Foundation staff, grant committee, and Board of Directors will determine inclusions and exclusions.
Questions? Contact the Catholic Foundation for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Cycle - Now Closed
- Applications will be accepted June 14, 2021 through July 23, 2021
- Grants will be awarded September 2021
- Grant Report Deadline - October 2022