Who can apply? The Diocese of Erie (Departments); Catholic Parishes and Catholic Schools in the diocese.
Grants are available for funding towards religious education projects and ministry training/spiritual formation opportunities that benefit people within the 13 counties of the Diocese of Erie. Projects must fit at least one of the following four categories:
- Diocesan-wide scholarship and tuition-assistance programs
NOTE: Applicants limited to the Catholic Schools Office of the Diocese of Erie.
- Religious education and faith formation projects
- Technology and related training for parish faith formation programs and for Catholic schools
NOTE: Two (2) bids/proposals are required when applying for technology funding.
- Lay ministry education, training and worship formation opportunities including education toward obtaining professional ministry certifications, attending workshops, conferences, ministry formation and spiritual formation opportunities.
NOTE: If multiple people from your organization are seeking funding to attend a ministry opportunity, please submit one application for the entire group.
Priority is given to:
- Projects that reach a wide audience or are collaborative across parishes or schools
- New or creative projects
- Projects with multiple funding sources
- Projects that are compatible with diocesan priorities
The maximum grant amount is $30,000. (excluding diocesan-wide scholarship and tuition assistance programs)
- Pastor, school principal/president, or diocesan department supervisor must be aware of the grant request and have given their approval by signing the project endorsement form included in the application.
- Funds are released to the parish, school or diocese only with an executed grant agreement on file at the Foundation.
Grant funds will not be given to:
- Existing staff salaries
- Emergency grants
- Anything completed, purchased, or accomplished prior to date grants are awarded
- Funding a multi-year degree program
- Individual tuition assistance
- Individuals not affiliated with a parish, school, or department of the Diocese of Erie
- Faith Formation/ education projects not affiliated with a parish, school, or department of the Diocese of Erie
Spring 2020 Education Grant Cycle
- Applications will be accepted February 10 through April 13 (NOTE: This deadline has been extended from the original submission deadline of March 23.)
- Grants will be awarded May 2020
- Grant Report Deadline - June 2021
Fall 2020 Education Grant Cycle
- Applications will be accepted August 15 through September 26
- Grants will be awarded November 2020
- Grant Report Deadline - December 2021
- 2020 REV Education Grant Guidelines (158.246 KB)