Who can apply? The Diocese of Erie (Departments); Catholic Parishes and Catholic Schools in the diocese.
Grants are available for funding towards religious education projects and ministry training/spiritual formation opportunities that benefit people within the 13 counties of the Diocese of Erie. Projects must fit at least one of the following four categories:
- Diocesan-wide scholarship and tuition-assistance programs
NOTE: Applicants limited to the Catholic Schools Office of the Diocese of Erie.
- Religious education and faith formation projects
- Technology for parish faith formation programs and for Catholic schools
NOTE: Two (2) bids/proposals are required when applying for technology funding in excess of $5,000.
- Lay ministry education, training and worship formation including education toward obtaining professional ministry certifications, attending workshops, conferences, ministry formation and spiritual formation opportunities.
NOTE: If multiple people from your organization are seeking funding to attend a ministry opportunity, please submit one application for the entire group.
Priority is given to:
- Projects that reach a wide audience or are collaborative across parishes or schools
- New or creative projects
- Projects with multiple funding sources
- Projects that are compatible with diocesan priorities
The maximum grant amount is $20,000. (excluding diocesan-wide scholarship and tuition assistance programs)
- Pastor, school principal/president, or diocesan department supervisor must be aware of the grant request and give their approval by signing the project endorsement form included in the application.
- Funds are released to the parish, school or diocese only with an executed grant agreement on file at the Foundation.
- A follow up grant report from the grantee is required for every grant awarded by the Foundation.
Grant funds will not be given to:
- Existing staff salaries
- Emergency grants, Capital campaigns/projects
- Anything completed, purchased, or accomplished prior to date grants are awarded
- Funding a multi-year degree program
- Individual tuition assistance
- Individuals not affiliated with a parish, school, or department of the Diocese of Erie
- Faith Formation/education projects not affiliated with a parish, school, or department of the Diocese of Erie
**This is not an exhaustive list. Catholic Foundation staff, grant committee, and Board of Directors will determine inclusions and exclusions.
Questions? Contact Julia Cooney, Operations Manager, for more information: email@example.com
Spring 2022 Education Grant Cycle
- Applications will be accepted January 30, 2022 through March 11, 2022
- Grants will be awarded May 2022
- Grant Report Deadline - June 2023
Fall 2022 Education Grant Cycle
- Applications will be accepted August 22, 2022 through September 30, 2022
- Grants will be awarded November 2022
- Grant Report Deadline - December 2023