Who can apply? The Diocese of Erie (Departments) and Catholic parishes in the diocese.
Grants are available for parish and/or diocesan-based parish faith formation projects that focus on
- Projects that promote life-long faith formation activities
- Projects that welcome absentee and/or non-Catholics into the church
- Projects that promote faith formation through technology
- Projects that provide spiritual support to families, singles, youth and young adults
Priority is given to:
- Faith formation projects that are parish-based
- Faith formation projects that reach a wide audience or are collaborative across parishes
- New or creative faith formation projects
- Faith formation projects with multiple funding sources and/or demonstrate sustainability when funding ends.
- Faith formation projects that are compatible with diocesan priorities
- Parishes and departments of the Diocese of Erie that have not received a Catholic Foundation Faith Formation (Evangelization) Grant in the last year
The minimum grant amount is $500, and the maximum grant amount is $5,000.
- Pastor or diocesan department supervisor (if not the applicant) must be aware of the grant request and have given their approval by signing the project endorsement form included in the application.
- Parishes or diocesan departments may only submit one Faith Formation Grant application per year. If more than one application per parish/diocesan department is submitted, all will be rejected.
- Funds are released to the parish or diocese only with an executed grant agreement on file at the Foundation.
Grant funds will not be given to:
- Capital campaigns/projects
- Existing staff salaries
- Already completed projects
- Faith formation projects not affiliated with a parish or diocesan department of the Diocese of Erie
- Emergency grants
- February 8, 2021 through March 19, 2021 — Grant application available
- Decision notifications will be made in May 2021.
- June 30, 2022 — Grant report deadline